Dec 03, 2021
* This program requires a minimum 2.75 GPA overall, in English Composition and Mathematics, in the Specialty Area Requirements, and in the Professional Education / Professional Semester Requirements, as well as a grade of C or higher in all Professional Education courses.*
*MTHS-135 Introduction to Statistics is required in the general education core.*
For a check list of all the courses required for this degree program and a suggested four-year sequence of study, please click on the link below.
Specialty Area Requirements
- MUSG-286 Piano Proficiency Examination Credit Hours: 0
- Requires enrollment in piano according to placement unless waived by initial exam. Must enroll in piano until successfully completed.
- Applied Study - Primary Instrument - Non-keyboard Instrument (7 semesters) Credit Hours: 7
- GU, DB, and PE students may take both classical and commercial lessons. See Music handbook or a music advisor for specific requirements.
- Applied Study - Secondary Instrument (2 semesters) Credit Hours: 2 (may be fulfilled by class or applied piano as assigned)
- Performance Ensemble Requirement - (9)
- Required (6) Semesters
- MUSE 101WE- Wind Ensemble OR
- MUSE 101OR - Orchestra (required for string majors) OR
- MUSE 101SB - Symphonic Band (if not accepted into WE or OR)
- Elective (3) Semesters
- MUSE 102CU - Choral Union OR
- MUSE 102LC - Choral (1 semester required)
- MUSE 102xx - Any other vocal or instrumental ensemble(s) [2 Semesters required]
Subtotal Specialty Area Requirements: 60
Secondary Professional Education Requirements
Choose one of the following:
Subtotal Secondary Professional Education: 28
Total Hours in Program: 129